Friday, July 31, 2009

How often do you clean your cat's litter box?


Answers:
I have two cats and I clean the clumps out daily, I change the litter completely every payday (because it's a good reminder day) which is every two weeks.
once a week
once a week on garbage day.
just the once. Waste and box into the rubbish. Cat into the crab pot.
she cleans it her self
it depends on what gets left there and how it smells. if the lumps are hard and dried up i use a spaghetti strainer type of tool to take them out and sift the litter back into the box. if it's mostly urine, then i mix up the litter to absorb the smell better. also the quality of the litter itself affects the frequency that i change the litter.

so in summary, clean out the stuff once every day or two unless the smell is bad. change the litter every two weeks or so. add new litter and mix it in every week or so.
I have cleanmycat's litter boxweekly twice.
A single cat litter box usually lasts for a full week before needing replacing due to urine. depending of the frequency of your cat's usage you should scoop da poop at least once every two days.
In my cats case 3 times a week. Change of the litter depends on how many cats you have and how often the use it. Also it depends on when the smell hits your nose. I change my cat's litter box 3 times a week.
i clean the clumps everyday. Change the litter once or twice a week. I cannot handle the stink that neglect causes.
very rarely actually - the kids do them every day
i clean my cats litter box twice a day every day
Get one of those automatic litter box cleaners. That way it gets cleaned every time it is used and you just empty the bin daily.
i scoop it out every other day and change the whole thing about every two weeks. I also add a bit of new litter in everytime i scoop
I change my kitten litterbox 3 times a day and when i know he has down a poo, i have clump catlitter and it is the cheapest but the best I ever had, I hope this helps you.
Every Day. If you don't it will stink. I have the littermaids and just place a paper towel on top of the tray and use vinyl gloves and emoty the tray and puit a touch of litter in the bottom so there will never be a smell in the house nor around the tray. Use the Tidy Cat that gas the sign on the front that says, new, tidy lock, it is the scoopable. If you cannot afford the auto box, then use it anyway and scoop it daily and iuse 2 boxes, cats like to pee in one and poop in the other. So do that and just scoop that in a plastic or paper bag daily and all will be easier on you and the cat won't get an attitude for trying to use a disgusting litterbox and the cat can get sick by stepping into wet litter to try to be clean. So Do it daily.
We scoop it out several times a day and clean it completely every few weeks.
I clean their litter boxes once a day at least. I have six cats and four litter boxes. With that many cats, you really have to do it at least once daily. I know that you are supposed to have one litter box for each kitty in the house, but I have run out of places to put them, lol. I feel bad about not being able to give them each their own box, so I try to keep them clean.:)
The box with scoopable litter gets solid %26 clumped waste scooped out twice daily. The boxes with Feline Pine litter get the solid waste scooped twice daily, and the litter is changed once a week.
Every day, A lot of people think cats are dirty but they will not go in there litter box if it is not clean. They like clean boxes so ever day it should be clean and add Arm and Hammer baking Soda at the bottom of the box it really helps eliminate odours.
I clean it every day. That's what my cat wants so I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment