Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long to cats live?


Answers:
Hello there, Well there's a question most cats usually live up to about 16 or 17 but they have been reputed to live up to around 24.

Hope this answers your question
up to 18 years or more, my cat is 16 years old and she is still living!
10-25 years. It really varies alot. My grandfather had cats that lived to be 22.
14-20 years, depends if they he or she is an "outside cat" or not..if he or she is, then the life expectancy is shorter.
my neighbors was 19 when it died a few years ago, normal is about 18 but it can vary.
The normal average lifespan is about 15 years
The oldest cat I have met, I euthanized at the age of 24. Cats begin to develop geriatric conditions as early as 8 years old, and yet some others remain vital for much longer. If your cat is becoming ill, get a positive diagnosis from your vet. If it is a terminal illness, the least you can do is give him a comfortable and pain-free end.
I had two related females live until 22 and 23 years old; both were outdoor cats.

The youngest one I lost was 14 but he had picked up cat flu as a kitten and it would flare up again every 6 months or so especially later in life requiring drugs which I am pretty sure shortened his life.

The oldest one I believe was around 39 years old according to the guiness book of records; certainly in the 30's anyway although this is the exception rather than the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment