Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long has my cat got before she gives birth again?

My cat is pregnant with her first litter, she is 9 weeks pregnant this monday (7-5-07). Unfortunatly she gave birth to two kittens Tuesday just gone but i was out, they both died. One of the kittens was very underdeveloped and still had cord and placenta attached, the other was perfectly developed, my cat had eaten through the cord to seperate the kitten from the placenta but unfortunatly it still had the sack over its face. I took her to the vet and they told me the developed kitten probably came out alive but suffocated, (i blame myself for not being there to help her). The vet told me that there is still three kittens inside. Before this happened she didnt want anyone near her and couldnt stand my other cats, now she wont leave my side wherever i am she is, shes not very interested in food at the momment, and wants to sleep all the time. Are these all signs that she is going to give birth soon as she never had signs last time.
Answers:
To remove the sack simply rip it open with your fingers then wipe it away with a dry cloth. You should then cut the cord (after tying it about 1/4 in above the belly with dental floss). After that use a bulb suction and suction the mouth a couple time and then each nostril. Then wrap the kitten in a towel, dry them a little, rub their back to stimulate them and then either place them on a heating pad set to low heat or with the mother if she is interested in caring for them while still in labor. Good luck.
Yes they are signs but if you can stay with her so that when she does give birth you can be there to assist her in getting the babies out of the sack. She may be alittle confused since this is her first litter. I had a cat that was the same way with her litter and I just broke the bags open and gave her the kitty's. If she doesn't give birth in the next 3 days I would get her back to the vet.
i thinks your cat got before she gives birth again after 6 month
You will have to carefully cut the sack open if momma cat doesn't do it...
Obviously she didn't do it to the one who suffocated...
Good luck and stay by her side...some cats need help with this miraculous process...

No comments:

Post a Comment