Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long does it take for a cat's fur to grow back?!?

I've trimmed my siberian cat's fur because of his matts and the summer season... Now my poor baby looks sooo silly in that lion cut!!! Does anyone know how long will it take to grow back his beautiful fur?!! Next time, it sure is "good maintainance" and NO trimming LOL
Answers:
well my short haired cat ginger got fixed in march and they shaved her belly its the end of may almost and its just NOW started to grow back.. so probably the rest of the summer.

i suggest he stays inside or u find some cat sunlotion or he will get a bad sunburn.. its not pretty.
It will take some time. It will grow back after 3-6 months.Just like my cat he has no hair on his ears.Then it gerw after 4 months.And remember it depends on the cat.
My siamese persian cross grew his back fully in just over 3 months, he's about a medium haired cat.

My persian I had to shave in January and it's about 1/3 grown back now... 4 months later.

Depends on the breed and length of coat it would seem.
I would say about three months.
we had to shave a stripe down our cats back because of fleas last summer-she looked like a skunk LOL
but it took about 3 months to start growing %26 about 8 for it to be fully back.
She is siamese if that makes a difference
it will take about one to two monthes. my cat had mouth segery and they shaved his leg for the IV and it took about that long to grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment