Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long does it take for a newborn kitten to open it's eyes?

My cat had kittens in the wee hours of this morning and my son asked me how long does it take for the babies to open their eyes. I told him I didn't know but I knew where to find the answer. Thanks.
Answers:
congrats on u new furkids!

A kitten is born with their eyes closed and eye opening occurs between the second and third week of life. Most kittens will open their eyes between 7-10 days of age but the range is 2-16 days. It is not uncommon for two to three days to elapse before both eyes are completely open. By the end of the third week, vision is developed enough so that the kitten can use visual cues to locate and approach the mother.
some after a few days but usually between 7 and 14 days old.
It normally takes a couple of weeks before the kitten will open their eyes best thing to do is to just wait %26 watch
a week or two
one week to ten days
Yaya baby!
2 wks after birth however the mother will probly move them to a dark area during this period as the light might hurt thier eyes.
About 1 week.
My kittens turned 1 week old on Sat.. two of them had their eyes open fully others had their eyes somewhat opened, and still the others weren't open at all, by this morning all but one has their eyes open... Normally 7 to 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment