Thursday, July 30, 2009

How many people here Vaccinate thier cats?

I'm doing a little survey, PLEASE HELP!
Answers:
I do..Every year around april i take her in to get her shots and have her checked out completely..That is the only way to have a healthy pet..just like humans,,they go every year to their doctor for a physical...
I do. My cat has all her shots as they are due, on time.
Even though she's indoor/outdoor, with moving to the tropics she's not used to the heat and humidity and stays indoors mostly, but has the option to go out when she wants. Even if she were indoors, I'd still get all her shots done as I am doing now, it's simply not worth taking a chance on.
I do. They go every December for their shots. :)

(2 male mix cats, nuetered and always up to date on shots)
I do. In fact, one is due for his. I have two male cats and they stay inside, but one gets out sometimes.
I do. I try to once a year, but sometimes I slip up and they go 16 months or so. Then I feel like a bad kitty-mommy. But I want to keep my cats as happy and healthy as possible!
When my youngest cat was younger, she received her vaccinations. Now that she is 8 years old and technically a senior, she will receive one more vaccination for the respiratory viruses (Calici and Herpes) because she may be at risk from my other cat going to the vet. After that, she's done for the rest of her years. My older cat (about 15 years old) won't receive any more vaccines (he did have them last year when he was at the shelter). Vaccines are fine for healthy, younger cats. Sick animals should not be vaccinated, and older cats usually don't need the vaccines (titer tests can be done to show their immunity levels). Both my cats are indoor only.
It is an extremely important part of being a pet owner to vaccinate. I work as manager of an exotic animal park, and all of our animals are vaccinated. I've had too many rescues, who died due to not being vaccinated. You are taking a huge risk in not vaccinating, should you choose not to, and why would you want to risk a family members life, especially when it is completely unnecessary??
I have four cats now - did have six. None has received any vaccination for the last seven years. They all had vaccinations as kittens.
nothing aganst it, i think its good and all, but i personally don't. we live on a ranch and have lots of cats living in hay barns, livestock barns, horse stables, ect. and also have housecats and backyard cats... so no we dont usually vaccinate or anything unless one needed it like if one is sick or injured or something...

they are all fat, happy, and very healthy cats :)
I have 2 cats and they are indoor, never leave the house. And they get vaccinated and on time. They go to the vet once a year and more if they need it. I wound't have a cat that wasn't vaccinated, to many things could happen and tomany things that can be catcy to humans.
Yes all my cats are vaccinated, in fact two of them have to get vaccinations soon. My cats are all indoor.
Yes we do. Any kittens we take in always get the full compliment of baby shots. Once they age past kittenhood, since they are indoor cats they get vaccinated only every 3 years or so. Once they hit about 10 years, they'll get an annual physical which includes blood tests, teeth cleaning but shots only every 2-3 years. Things like distemper are highly communicable and can be carried to your cat on your shoes or if you've touched an infected cat or things an infected cat has contributed body fluids to. I've seen a young cat that ought to have lived a long life die from distemper and it was awful and unnecessary. If you have your cat vaccinated for rabies and felV, have the vet alternate which leg gets the shot every year since there have been cases where a cat develops tumors in the leg at the vaccination site year after year.
I vaccinate all my cats when they are kittens. But vets overdue vaccinations when cats get older, and many cats get cancer at the vaccine site. So I don't do it anymore now that my cats are older. Vets overvaccinate for the money. If you are a good owner and have an indoor cat, then I would folo my gut and make sure your kitty is vaccinated, but be careful about overdoing it. People think they are doing the best thing, and taking care of their cat, but think about it: Humans don't get new vaccines every year. Do some research and do what you think is best. Definitely don't forgo them altogether, though. Good luck!
I do, it's part of my contract of ownership, and if I am going to have pets I feel it is important that they get the best care I can give them, which includes their shots (even though they are house cats only)
I do, but my cats are very young and thus have only been vacinated once. I have another five months to go to revacinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment