Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long is a cats life span if they are super healthy?


Answers:
I read that the average lifespan for an outside cat is 3 years %26 for an inside cat is 13 years. (more dangerous outside, obviously). They may live to their teens or age 20 or more if very healthy %26 well cared for. My dad's cat was 24 years old when she died %26 she was still very healthy until then - she was an inside/outside kitty %26 refused to come in one night was killed by a dog!My Miss Priss lived to age 19. My friend claims one of hers was 34 years old when it died, but she's a little whacky, so I'm no sure I believe it.
anywhere from 20 to 30 years
could be as long as 20 years even more
My family had a cat that lived to be 20. The average life span of a cat is 12-15 years.
It depends on the cat, its genetics, its living conditions, etc. I have known a cat that lived to be 22.
like 20 years.. my cat was really healthy until a few years ago. she was just put down, and she was 18
My cat lived to be 27..
I HAVE NO PUUUUURRRRRFECT ANSWER SORRY
The average lifespan of a healthy, indoor cat is 15 to 19 years.
my cat just turned 18 and the vet said he could still have several years left!
The average life expectancy of cats is 15 to 19 years
I believe the normal range for a healthy cat is about 20 years. The world record for longest lived cat is in the 30s.
They can live into their 20's, I've known one who did that belonged to my friend. Inside cats that are neutered live much longer than outside cats.
I think that 14 yrs. is a normal old age ...

Some can live to be 25-30, however, this is not so desirable, either for you or for the cat. My ex had a cat that lived into her twenties.

At the end, she stopped grooming herself, she lost control of her bowels and urine, and her digestion was not healthy.

He let her die a natural death and didn't put her down. However, the urine and the feces became quite unbearable.

So, kitties can actually live for a long time ...
18 to 20 years is not unheard of.
Fifteen years is "age" for a cat. By that I mean that the standard cat with the standard genes has reached the standard limit of its life expectancy at 15 years. Genetics, vet care, mama's prenatal nourishment, quality of food, particularly in kittenhood, and other environmental factors like stress, etc., can shorten or lengthen this standard. I know quite a number of cats that lived to 20 and 21, and one cat who lived to 24.

If you have a cat and you want her to live a particularly long, healthy life, read Anitra Frasier's The New Natural Cat. Her care of her cats and the lessons she draws from that care and shares with her readers is excellent and enjoyable.
I think the usual life span is 8-12 years, but most of my cats have lived to 16-17 and they were pretty healthy.
ITS HARD TO TELL`THEY SAY A CAT HAS 9 LIVES` MINES`PASSED THEM`HES`BEEN RUN OVER`TWICE`N`MISSING`OH AV LOST`COUNT`HES GOT THROUGH`THOUGH`23-NOW`N`STILL` GOING`STRONG`
some live to be 19 and alot live to be 13' 14; 16 and on and on...my cats that i have had only lived to be 10 and one was 12 but they had good 'happy fun lifes;and so did i with them....
12-15 years is standard, but it is possible for a cat to live several more years. However, you will see a decline in health such as eyesight, etc once they get around 15 or 16
The average is aobut 15 years, some have lived to 30 some to 20, it all deopends on everything around them down to diet and genetics.
My cat Smokey will be 21 in Sept. He is starting to have grooming issues and now i keep him shaved down because he is a long hair cat. He is a inside only cat. Inside only cats can live alot longer than outside or in and out cats. There are more dangers for them when they go outside.(Cars,Dogs,Other Cats,Ect.) Their life span is really in your hands. It is different for each person because of the path they choose for their animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment