Thursday, July 30, 2009

How many kittens?

My cat is 1 1/2 months pregnant. My question is, does the amount of times she and the male got "together" effect the amount of kittens she is going to have? Say that they got "together" 3 or 4 times, is she going to have alot of babies compared to getting "together" 1 time?
Answers:
It is possible and likely that it produces more kittens than just one mating, but not possible to tell how many more.

It is also possible for kittens in the same litter to have different fathers if the mother mated with more than one tom cat.
'O_o
i think it depends on the first time...
''''O_o
There is no way to know how many kittens your cat is going to have. NO, the amount of times she was "together" has no bearing on the amount either. It took just ONE time, just like with humans, to get her pregnant. Have fun w/the kittens!
Probably... and she is going to have about 6-8 kittens.
My cat just had her first litter she was in heat for a long time (actually seems she was in heat longer then she was pregnant lol) she only had 4 kittens. I don't personally believe, that you can tell for sure how many by how many times she mated, if that was the case my cats litter would be much larger then 4, being her first litter I would expect 4 to 6 kittens. My advice just sit back relax, it's really more of a wait and see kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment