Thursday, July 30, 2009

How much do you think my male cat will cost to be newted and have its injections?

I live in southampton and at what age can this be done
Answers:
Hi!

He can be neutered from the age of 6 months old (I'm guessing he's older than that now!)

It cost me 拢37 and I live in Surrey. Well worth the cost!

Make sure you keep him in until he's been done!

xx Emmie

p.s. you might just want to ring your local vet and find out exactly how much it will cost
You can sometimes get help from the PDSA and other organisations
get him neutered at about 4-6 months, 4 is young- but you want to do it b4 he starts spraying, eeeeewwwhhh!
i live in calif., worked for a vet as a tech, and surgical asst., for many years, the castration should be fairly reasonable, i would say under 70.00. The vaccines can rack up-in calif, you can do almost all yourself, except rabies. heres prices i'm familiar with out her

rabies approx 12.00
feline leukemia approx 18 - 26$ can do yourself (calif)
feline 5 in 1 vac. 18 -26. same as above
these are the at your vet prices.
here, you can get the vaccines and administer yourself, or a vet tech savvy friend, about 5.00 each, except rabies, only vets are allowed to own rabies vaccine.

vaccinating my own animals has saved me tons of cash- vaccines are available at feed and farm stores



thats the min i would vaccinate for, also ask vet about, fel aids, they should test for fel aids and fel leukemia before vaccinating, and theres a small fee for that too.

also ask about FIP a cat disease, there is a vaccine, but not always suggested by vets - its a nose drop vaccine - if available - get it!

some people are down on vaccines, but for me i believe
vaccinate whenever possible
It cost me 拢60 for injections, but then you have to have booster every year afterwards, at 6 mths i had the cat neutered that cost 拢48. If your on benefits you can arrange for this with pdsa for donations.
I was puzzled by your question. What is this process 'newting'? It must be a surgical procedure I've not heard of involving imbuing your cat with newt-like characteristics (although I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this). I expect this would prove very expensive.
If, however, you meant to say 'NEUTERED', then you need to peruse the other answers.
I know that the RSPCA to it cheaper because they don't want all these unwanted babies coming in.
to have the cat newted will cost you around 125.00 and you can give them the other shots yoursl you buy them at a good pet store for about 7. dollars each.
It will cost around 拢40 - 拢50 to have him done %26 around 拢90 for the three injections he will need in his first year. After that it will be 拢30 for his yearly jab. If you get tax credits or any kind of benefit you maybe able to get a voucher from your local cat protection that will reduce the cost of his op by half. It usually depends on their health %26 size but normally they can be done around 5 - 6 months. the younger the better.
I spent about $170 at the vet to get my boy neutered and all his shots, plus pain medicine for after the procedure! That might be on the higher side, but I think it was worth it. Here in Utah, they also have a "traveling vet" called The Big Fix that drives around to different locations and sets up clinics to bring your animals in to get them fixed and get all their shots taken care of. Other states may have similar programs.

Please also note - the cat will not be "castrated" when it is neutered, as one of the answers above said. The testicles are still there, but they are basically empty. Nothing visible is removed!
normally the age is around 9 weeks i think. the prices differs depending where you live and what vet surgery you go to. i think all together my cat was were around 拢100
The injections should be done before the cat goes outside, because before then he's vulnerable to any and all infections. Mine had two sets of injections and were allowed outside at 12 weeks. They were neutered at 5 months.

Their 1yr booster injections were 拢37.50 (per cat, also included a check-up) last week. I seem to remember neutering coming in at around 拢50 or so. If you call in or phone your local vet, I'm sure they'll give you a quote--it's something they do all the time (so they can also tell you for sure about appropriate ages!).

It is expensive but I'd REALLY recommend it: male cats tend to get very territorial which means they'll spray everywhere and it will smell--a scent marker that smells stronger than urine. If there are any female cats in the vicinity on heat, he'll be yowling around seranading them (which is a good reason to get female cats neutered too!).

Since I had a male and female cat neutered at the same time I don't know if it cost the same for both, but I do know it's a simpler, non-invasive procedure for a male, he won't need stitches etc. (think about it!).
I think you mean neutered or castrated.
If you do this can be done really from any time the cat has 2 descended testicles, but is usually done around 6 months old.

The price will vary between vets and around the country. It costs approx 拢50 where I live but you can get Cats Protection League vouchers if you're hard up and they will pay to have it done and it costs you nothing.
Vaccinations should be done at 10 weeks, then the second lot 2 weeks later. 10 days later the cat can be let outside. Neutering can happen at about 6 weeks. The RSPCA often do discounted neutering and you can get this done for as little as 拢20 sometimes, it's more at the vets though. As for the injections they are 拢35 a time, at least thats what they were from my vet in Sussex the last time i had my cats done!
Hi! My cat got his surgery when he was around 6 months. I hope I helped you with your problems.
where i work we charge 24.50 for a male cat to get neutered and for all vacc 53.50
male cats can be neutered at six months cost in the South West of U.K is about 拢30 but vets cost vary so ask the vet before you book the cat in to be done. Not sure about the cost of injections again best to ask the vet before you book the cat in.

No comments:

Post a Comment