Friday, July 31, 2009

How much to pay for baby-sitting a cat?

hi everyone
me and my husband are leaving for 5 days and we asked our friend to watch our cat.
All we wanted her to do is show up twice a day-feed him, clean litter box and apply his medication on his ears.
How much do you think it will be fair to pay her?
Thanks
Answers:
Depending on how far she has to drive for each trip, $10.00-$20.00 per day.
10 box aday
I would leave her a thank you letter with $5 worth of tim hortons gift certificates.
It depends on your budget and how good of a friend it is. I would say about $10 a day should cover costs if she doesn't have to drive far.
I agree with them,at leats $10 a day will be fine to cover the travel cost and such. I will take the job at any cost because I love cat.
Depends on if she has to drive any distance...If she don't then $50.00 for the week is fair. But with gas the way it is .$75.00 is better.if she has to drive.
I'd say at least 50 bucks, maybe a little more since she has to give meds. My neighbor used to watch my cat for a week %26 I always paid her 50 or gave her a $50 gift card to Border's. I feel its worth it to pay a little more for the convenience of having someone come to the house because that way they're more likely to agree to do it again. It's so much less stressful for kitty to be able to stay home rather than to have to be boarded somewhere.
I pay my pet-sitter 15 dollars per visit.
Would you take money for watching your friend's cat? No!! I would do it for the love of cats.
10 bucks every time they come to take care of the cat. Twice a day, 20 bucks. cats don't need to be looked after more than once a day.
It should be between 5$-15$ Some where near that area. Good luck on your cat and have a nice trip!
five bucks every time she visits the cat and maybe a tip
When I baby sit cats (well, cat sit) I usually get about $10 a day for 2 cats (feeing, cleaing litter box, playing with them, brushing them, the works). I think this is pretty fair. :)
i don't think that a cat needs a babysitter. some people told me that if that they have enough food and water and a clean litter box then they should be fine
i wouldn't really pay that much especially not for feeding a cat
if he's your friend you must not pay
It has been a few years since I pet sit. But for a cat I used to charge $5.00 a day if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment