Friday, July 31, 2009

How much to feed kittens?

I have two kittens who are about 7 months old. I feed them a high quality, sort of expensive cat food (Natural Balance). I want the best for them so i try to buy them one of the healthier foods out there. I have a continuous feeder so they can eat any time of day, whenever they want. I have found that it's really not the best idea. One of them will eat ALL day, and the other one limits herself, I am afraid he is going to get way too overweight. Can someone give me an idea of how much to feed them every day, and when? I really need to make a set schedule so he doesn't get overweight and eat too much!
Answers:
kittens have small stomachs, i have 2 ten week old kittens and they only need a half a cup in the morning and then in the evening another half cup but i would ask your vet to make sure. I feed mine Hills natures best because since the food recall i do not want any supermarket brands any more. I get it at the vets and it cost alot more but they are worth it to me.
you can also give them a little bit of canned tuna fishonce or twice a week but not alot as they will love it like mine do and then they may not eat their dry food and thats what they need the most and i have play time with my kittens for exercise and weight control, i play with them before i go to work, when i get home from work and again before bedtime. good luck
http://www.peteducation.com/category_sum...
Kitten care!
feed them twice a day morning and evening. get them used to the schedule and they will be happy.
Generally cats do not overeat %26 what makes them fat is, treats, they are usually constant nibblers...unlike dogs who can be gobblers ..LOL ! Many animals eat according to their needs...hyper animals eat more or more often, while laid back, mellow %26 less active... eat less ...TC %26 Peace :)
Feed them twice a day,. Cats do not generally over eat...
Newborns get about 1/2 of a cup of food every 3 hrs.
Feed kittens two times a day, with plenty of fresh water. Give a few handfuls in the morning, and again in the evening. There shouldn't be any trouble with the kittens adjusting to this. You will notice if they are hungry, as they will cry. The overeater, get it a toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment