Friday, July 31, 2009

How old do my kittens have to be to determine their gender?

right now they are a little under two weeks old and they all look like girls to me, and they still have their umbilicus.
Answers:
This link will show you visually the difference:
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/cliented/kitte...
Usually, by the time they're ready for new homes, 8 weeks old, you'll be able to tell the gender (although, it's rather hard to do so, on young kittens). You can have the vet sex them, while they get their first round of vaccinations, and deworming medication.
It's possible that they are all girls though unlikely. There is usually at least one tom in the litter. Keep comparing.
the younger a kitten is the easier it is too sex a kitten.females have an opening below the anus that looks like a little slit and males have openings that are more round and the opening is farther from the anus than in females. http://www.vetinfo.com/csexcat.html... there are pictures that will help. you don't have to wait a certain age to be able to tell, i see answers that say that this but it is not true you can tell a couple days after they are born and the younger they are the easier it is due to lack of long hair in that area
I am 76 years old, and didn't know this until recently. Lift their little tails--the girls have two spots and the boys have three. Very easy and very logical. I got this information from a cat care book that belongs to my granddaughter.
8 weeks old.
You determine their gender by their but hole.
Use a cat book for this
you can tell by looking at where they go, if u know where i mean.
if there is a difference. girls are flat and boys have a ring kind of around it
just below the stomach
you can tell right when they are born and l8er too
I know it's not one of the easiest things to do. When I went to a breeder he was able to tell when the cats were about 6 or 8 weeks old.
You can tell at birth. Males will have small bumps where testicles are. When my cat had kittens, My 12 year old daughter figured it out before I even got to look and when I did look, it was obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment