Monday, May 24, 2010

I have 2 kittens that will be (9) weeks old. I ordered the vaccines.?

I order the shots from Jeffers. Do you think it is safe for me to give them the shots myself? Did anyone ever have trouble with the vaccines from Jeffers?
Answers:
I have used Jeffers vaccines a few times %26 I never had any trouble. I gave the shots myself. It was easy %26 the directions they send are pretty detailed
I've worked in vet clinics for over 12 years. You need to know how to give the shots. Are they the type that just go under the skin, or the ones that go into a muscle? Make sure your needles are sharp and don't reuse them. Your best bet is having it done by a professional, but if you must do it yourself, then make sure to pull back on the plunger of the syringe before injection to make sure you aren't in a vein.
If you have never gave a cat shots before you should know they have skin like a raw hide..I give my dogs shots and we got the cats this year It was the hardest thing i had ever done .I took them to our vet and she helped me do the rest it is NOTHING like a dogs skin and i was so scared i would hurt them or it would break with it inside .. Not sure on the shots itself i get mine from fosters smith
Good luck!!!
I am NOT trying to mean. But I think if you need to ask then you need a vet. Maybe visit a vet and ask them how to show you for the first time so you know for the second.
Good luck either way
You should probably have the vet do it if you aren't comfortable. Each kind of vaccine has a specific place that it is injected. It also has to be administered the correct way. Do you know if its IM or SQ? Do you know what can happen if you inject it incorrectly? Do you have someone who knows how to restrain the cat properly while you do the vaccine so neither of you are bitten? Do you know what signs to look for if your cat has an allergic reaction to it? Are you positive that you got the right vaccines that your cat needs? If you can't answer these questions then you don't know what you are doing and need to have the vet do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment