Monday, May 24, 2010

I discovered a mama cat and her newborn babies...what do I do?

She has four or five newborn babies, and she seems to be in a semi-secure place for them. This is the second time I have seen this cat with babies. The first time, someone came to pick up her and the kittens, and I guess she wasn't spayed. I would love to take them myself, but I live in an apartment with a very strict pet policy. Should I tell the apartment manager where they live so they can get them (they did last time), or should I just leave them be? If I leave them, my concern is that the mama will continue making babies. I believe the papa belongs to one of the apartment residents and I've seen him sow his seed often.
Answers:
Honestly, the best, best thing you could do is leave them alone. I know it's hard, but nature is better equipped to take care of them than you are.
Aspca or your local shelter. Call them and they'd be probably happy to pick up the cat and kittens.
It's tough...the Animal Shelter is your best bet. If anything, they'll spay her and give her to a home. The kitties could be in danger too...
hmm, it is a difficult sitituation. My advise is that you let the animal humane society know this so they can take care of them. We done so when i was working at wal mart, this wounded rabbit was picked up by one of the co-workers. We decided to get animal humane society.
i would give her lots of food!!!!
Take the kittens and mother to the Humane Society in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment