Friday, May 21, 2010

I am looking for "regal" sounding names for my kitten. Any suggestions?

I am adopting a female tortie (black, brown, a little orange) kitten. I believe she is going to grow up to be very regal looking, and I'd like to give her a name that will suit her later in life. (She's only 8 weeks, so she's just a little meowy fluffball at the moment!)

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
Answers:
Victoria

Priscilla

Gabrielle

Elizabeth

Camille

Helene
I have fostered almost 400 kittens in the past 9 years and ran out of names to use. Now I go to babynames.com for ideas. Check it out
http://www.greatcatnames.com/
http://www.petrix.com/catnames/...
http://www.cat-names.us/

Hope these help
I guess you could name her after a queen like Elizabeth or Victoria...

Regina means Queen in Latin.

Tsarina?
Dutchess
Iris
Vanessa (means butterfly im pretty sure)
Sophie
Sheba
1.radigal
2.cintia
3.tommy
4.cindy-regal
5.antonio-regal
6.trish-regal
Aawww.. a fluffball :)

I have no idea of a name.. i just wanted to say "aawww", Sorry.
i named mine Maple mainly because i found her in a pile of maple leaves (almost stepped on her) there are others like Queenie or Q (short for Queen) sorry these were the only two i could come up with
miss bliss
Raja/Rajina (or regina), Pasha, Bey, Czarina, Dara which mean in order king/queen, King, Regional leader, Princess and Beloved

Some others are Mei (beautiful), Tien (Heavenly spirit)
Cleo... or Cleopatra.

I've always wanted to have a cat with that name.
I had a regal-looking cat and I called her Bella (short for Isabella). She was the best cat in the world.
Isis. (pronounced eye-sis)

She's a goddess in Egyptian mythology.
How about Cleopatra, Nefertiti, or Bast (the Egyptian Cat Goddess)?
Tabbetha

Bella

Maribelle

Sophia

Geisha

I found those names to be very cute, and fitting for a tortie.
Mrs. Fluffywhiskerson (LOL)
Countess
Dutchess (a personal favorite/very good cat name)
Lillian
Lilly
Helena
Francine
Ophelia
Olivia (also a good name)
Penelope
Dianna
Sophia
Gloria
How about Diana, after Princess Diana?
perhaps Violet because violet is another name for the color purple which represents royalty
Aurora is the name of Sleeping Beauty in the fairy tail.
Hi there--as I answered in another post about pet names I am a big fan of the first and last name approach to naming the little ones. If you want something regal I would do something like Princess Grace or Lady Wellington. However, if you want a more contemporary name I always like Elizabeth Taylor or Marlene Deitrich
Sasha
Sultana
Francis.

I think that's the most sophisticated name ever.
hmm
how about LadySasha... you could either call her Lady or Sasha for short
Gueneviere (from the King Arthur legends).

No comments:

Post a Comment