Friday, May 21, 2010

I am sure that my beloved black cat Natasha is an American shorthair, but she reminds me of my late Siamese...

She has many of the same mannerisms that my late Siamese cat had. (I know she's not a reincarnated version. haha!) The reason I compare her to my Siamese is because the mannerisms of my late cat were typically "Siamese" behavior traits. Natasha is very verbal, she will "answer" with different types of meows, and seems to have an extended range of different types of "meows". SHe is also very friendly, very sociable, loves to be around people (she is constantly underfoot), and is very stubborn. Of course this could be typical cat behavior as well, and not indictative of any particular breed. I will try to attach a photo, because in this picture I think she has features that are a bit more exotic than the American shorthair/alleycat. She was a stray that my husband and I took in. Of course I love her to pieces irregardless. I am just curious. The link to her photo is:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/157/n...
Thanks.
Answers:
Your beautiful kitty looks EXACTLY like our cat, Muffin. Muffin is a Burmese and acts and talks a lot like a Siamese. When she gets up in the morning she "talks" and "talks" until someone gets up and acknowledges her. Same with when we come home after being away for a while. She's extremely loving and wants to be held all the time. She will follow us from room to room.
yeah she's an ameracian shorthair i have had a whole bunch of siamese cats before and none looked like that.

P.S cute cat i like her
Many cats, despite the coloration, can and may have Siamese in their bloodlines. Others, are just plain talkative.
It's possible she is a cross of a Siamese and a mixed breed cat, or a Siamese Cat X American Shorthair. She is a lovely stunning black! She is beautiful. ^ ^ She sounds realy cool.
Could be a Siamese mix, I have 2 cats that are half Siamese one is calico in color the other is orange and white, they don't look like Siamese at all, but they produced 2 babies that resemble Siamese cats (one looks like a flame point, the other looks like a chocolate point, possibly a seal point)
She looks just like my black kitty. Unless you got her from a registered breeder of American Shorthairs or from a breed specific rescue network specializing in American shorthairs, you more than likely have a moggy (mut) cat. There's no way to tell what your cat could be. Lots of cats look like they could belong to specific breeds; just because a cat may have characteristics of a breed does not mean that they are of that breed, or any breed for that matter. However I wouldn't doubt that your cat has some sort of Siamese/exotic breed in their ancestry.

No comments:

Post a Comment