Monday, May 24, 2010

I feel down in the dumps with my 2 yr old cat who ran away few days ago.?

Sob, sob. Anyone heard about cat who ran away for days or maybe weeks will finally decided to return home?? I love to hear some happy ending stories please.
Answers:
I had a cat who used to go off for days at a time. She always came home. Does the cat have a tag on with your #? Did you put up signs? Someone may have taken your cat in thinking it was a stray. Put some signs up with a picture %26 your phone #.
I've had a cat go off for a few days at a time. She always comes home.
My happy story is the next day I found it out on the highway with tire marks across it's back. I saved about $10.00 a month on food. Looking back now it was really a gift from god.
My old cat, he died about 6 years ago, used to go off for a day or two but he always came home. He used to get in cat fights though..so now we keep our cats on leashes to keep them safe..we have three cats at the moment.
hope the cat is back and safe.
when she come back KICK that ***** in the *** one good time for leaving
I had a boyfriend whose cat went missing for a few days. Turned out the kitty somehow got locked in a neighbor's garage and finally escaped. No harm done. When I was very young and my family had just moved, our neurotic cat escaped by jumping off our second-story deck. A few months later we encountered our cat while trick-or-treating down the street. Try putting some food out to entice your kitty to return. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Generally speaking, cats, dogs, and other types of pets usually come home. They have a good memory of who feeds them. I do hope al turns out well for you.
I have a cat who disappears for months at a time I've had him for years but he always comes back, but he is territorial and since I have other cats he never stays long, but he does always come home.
When my male cat was 2 yrs old, he went missing for 10 days. He hadn't been neutered at the time. Usually, when he went "walk abouts" he'd be gone no more than 24 hours and would come home becuase he was hungry. Well, that time he went missing, I thought I would never see him again. The days kept going by. I went door to door and prowled my immediate neighborhood calling for him, day and night. On the 10th day which happened to be a Sunday, I went to church after having not attended for several weeks (I was studying in a seminary so I thought it was OK not to have to go to church on Sunday since my whole week was already devoted to studying about God and all). Anyway, on that Sunday I was really really sad. At the end of the service, there was an altar call as usual inviting all those who needed to be prayed for to comeforward with their prayer requests. I went forward. One of the elders came to me and asked: "What would you like to pray for today?" With tears streaming down my cheeks, I said, "I'd like us to pray for Kaffe - that wherever he might be, he'd be OK and that God will watch out for him." The elder began to pray: "Oh Lord, we lift up to you Kaffe and ask for your gracious rpotection and provisioning... etc etc etc." While the elder was praying, it dawned on me that the man thought Kaffe was a human being! I forgot to mention that Kaffe was a cat. Well, I did not interrupt. I just said "Amen" at the end of the prayer.
Well, beleive it or not, when I came home and opened my front door, I heard this "meow! meow!" and it seemed to be coming from my bedroom. I rushed in there and I heard the "meow! meow!" again. It was coming from outside my bedroom window. I looked. And there was Kaffe! Dirty and bedraggled and so thin. I went outside and called to him to come to me. It was then I noticed that he was dragging his hind legs. I picked him up, brought him into the house, cleaned him a bit and fed him. He wolfed the food down. While he was eating, I examined his legs - no wounds or injuries that I could see. But he couldn't use his back legs! He was propelling himself with his front legs. I took him to the vet firt thing the next day. X-rays showed no broken bones or fractures. Vet said it could be an injury in his spine and that Kaffe may never be able to walk normal again. I refused to accept that in my heart and at home, I began my own rehabilitation program. Exercised Kaffe's legs, massaged them, encouraged him to walk. He was a fighter. After a week, he could stand his bakc legs and wobble on them. In two weeks he was walking almost normally. After 4 weeks he could run. After 6 weeks, he could jump from floor to table. He is 9 years old now, neutered and the picture of perfect health. I call him my "Miracle Cat."

I hope you too will have a Happy Ending story to tell your friends. I leave you with two tips: (1) leave your cat's litter box outside the door - the familiar scent will draw him back home. (2) Pray becuase God does care for our pets and knows how we feel about them.

:)
my cat took off for almost a week
and i felt like i lost my best friend
i think the only thing that made him
come back was the food.
he's never been an outside cat and
i don't think he know how to find food
for him self.
good luck !
I doubt your cat 'ran away' if you've had him/her 2 years.

Is he/she neutered ?

He/she may be catting around for breeding season. If you live near coyotes, they eat cats. Also, a car could have hit him... oh, no. Don't give up.

My Clyde would do this until he was neutered at age 14 months; I had to really watch him and get help from SNAP program to get him neutered. It only cost me $35 !

I had to get all his shots and worming and flea stuff, so it was a bit for me to get even more money for the neuter and he lived inside anyways - - but would try to run out the door !

I even put a cat harness on him and tied him to a tree while I worked in the yard ! He hated it, then got used to it and he is still alive at age 4.

Did you check with the animal shelters %26 humane societies ? Don't just call, go down there ! It's hard to identify cats. Did you put a LOST ad in the newspaper and tell your neighbors ?

If he/she does not return after about a month, I fear a bad ending.

I hope this is not so.

Neutered cats do not tend to roam. I try to keep my cat indoors unless I am outside to watch.

If you get another furry friend, try the above suggestions. a pet needs to be neutered anyway !!!
The first time my cat went outside she didn't come home for 2 days and then showed up at the front door. Best thing to do is to call humaine society just to see if maybe they have found your cat.
My boyfriend has an indoor/outdoor kitty named Tuna. Last year during the summer she took off and did not come home for about three days. We were extremely worried as she had never done this before. Well, she showed up perfectly fine and acting as though nothing was amiss on the third day.:) I hope this makes you feel a little better! And I also hope that your kitty returns home safe and sound very soon!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment