Monday, May 24, 2010

I don't know what my cat has...?

Ok, I don't really know what my cat, Mia, has. She's alittle bit above 3 years old, and she used to be an indoor cat living with my siser. Now, when she moved in with me, she goes outside all the time. Since I have a backyard, who knows what's out there. One day, when I was just looking at my cat, I see little, red things on her ear. I don't know what they are though, but I think they're little animals or fleece, lice, or whatever. I don't know. I took one out, and it was a bug; a small animal...a small red little bug. I don't know what they are...but can anyone help me what this is? They're quite numerous around her ear...and this is where I see them. I don't know if they're throughout her body, but I've just seen them around her ear. I'm going to take her to the vet next weekend, but first I just wanted to know if she'll be alright, or if there's any cure for it, etc.
Help me. Thanks.
Answers:
They are probably mites or chiggers (baby mites). If they are chiggers, they feed on blood and leave swollen areas that last for several weeks. If they are mites, i dont really know. Mites usually feed on dust and stuff. You should probably take her to the vet, but i dont know what will happen to a cat with chiggers.
NEXT WEEKEND! Take her to the vet now!
I don't know what they look like but I know some cats/dogs get ear mites. She probably just needs medicine from your vet, you should get her there asap. Also, if you are going to let your pet go outside you should get frontline or some type of protection for her against fleas/ticks.
wash her ears with vinegar
take her to the VET NOW!!!!!!!!!...
sounds like ear mites to me, just get her some ear drops from the vet. mites left untreated are a bad thing, cats can lose their hearing. ear infection left untreated for long periods of time can spread to other parts of the body. what started off as an ear infection can become something much worse. no reason to worry right now through, the mites are only inside her ears and ear channel. a trip quick to the vet and medicine should fix the problem.
Sounds like eat mites. Goggle cat eat mites and read up on the problem. If that is what she has, Wal-Mart sells a remedy that has worked for my mother's outdoor cat good.
first take her to a vet.
It is probably mites. One of my cats had that once. You can take her to the vet and double check, since I haven't seen them so I don't know for sure. But there are treatments for it and also preventions. Yous houdl buy those
Possibly Ear Mites, I just took my cat to the vet for her false pregnancy and they told me she had ear mites, they are like a redish pink, and very small, some times a black is what i was told.not to sure though, They could also be chiggers, from the grass, ticks, i'm not really to sure, i would suggest taking her in to the vet, to find out a real answer...
Well good luck to you and your kitty!!
i think it cat has four legs and one tail.
These are mites .you are suppose to clean a cats ears every week {yuk} but if u don't do it they get mites as well as some fungal infection. take it to a vet as soon as possible %26 keep its ears clean with the solution subscribed by the vet regularly.we ve 2 persian cats so I know this problem.thank you.
The critters are call ear mites. If you take a cotten swab and clean the ear, you will see a lot of brown or black gooey mess. This is the discharge of the mites. Mostly annoying, but can be cleared up by using a treatment of a natural oil-based ear medication. Check with a pet store for the brand of your choice
You should take her to a vet and get medicine to get rid of whatever they are. And when they're gone clean her ears every week with Q-Tips to prevent it from happening again.
I'm sure she'll be fine .

No comments:

Post a Comment