Monday, May 24, 2010

I have 2 cats. one is 2 years old and the other is 12. One male...one female. they hate each other. HELP!!!?

what should i do? i try to keep them seprate but no help. Disiplane doesn't help either.
Answers:
my two cats don't get along either. my female is two and my male is one. when i first took my male cat home my female almost killed him. you have to discipline the behavior. water bottles always work. now I'm home less and when the male wants to play, my female usually hisses at him because she's out of that playful stage. the only thing you can do is to continue with discipline. that's the only way they will learn to get along or agree to disagree. good luck.
Did you just get the second cat and introduce them to each other right away? Youre supposed to keep them separated for a month or so at first. Now it may be too late. They may NEVER get along.
I completely understand what you are going through. I just brought home a new kitty (four year old female) and she does not get along with one of my other cats (three year old female) at all. They see each other and start yowling and growling and so on. I have heard from some people that the feliway works pretty well. You can find it at Petsmart and online at various places. I have also been told that it helps to show them both affection at the same time. Pet one kitty with one hand, and the other with your free hand. Beyond these suggestions, I am stumped, lol. I am just hoping that my two girls learn to love each other or at least tolerate one another, lol! Good luck and let me know if you find a lasting solution! I do not agree that it might be too late. Never hurts to hope, right?!
When I got my kitten I had a ten year old and a two year old. The two year old got the same treatment when she was a new kitten from the ten year old. So, she kind of took to the new kitten as if she could relate to how it was being treated. So, she became the new kittens big sister. But, the kitten gets on the two year olds nerves at times too. The vet told me that kittens only mission in life is to irritate cats.
Get another cat. It will help them focus their anger on something else %26 possibly they all might get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment