Friday, May 21, 2010

I asked the Q re cats dreams/nightmares as 1 of my 3 cries in her sleep & wakes up screaming .?


Answers:
this is going to sound weird now, but im being serious, there is a natural product you can buy called rescue remedy, you can get it fromm boots and holland and barratt, adults, children and pets can use it, all you do is put 4 drops in her water each day, and it helps to calm them down, dont worry she wont be drowsy or anything like that just calmer and dont worry it will not harm her in anyway atall, hope this helps.
yes so whats the Q this time ??
Yes, animals dream just like humans do.
My dog would twitch, bark, cry, howl and move his legs as though he were running in his sleep.
Don't worry, its normal. As long as she's ok during the day and not stressed don't worry.
Is she older or a rescue kitty. She could have had a bad experience. Or sometimes I dream of falling off a cliff, but I have never done that before. It may not even be related to anything that happened. She may just be a little stressed. Maybe the other cats are picking on her when you are not looking. I guess you could maybe take her to a pet psychic. lol
Cats dream as much as Humans do.

To try to stop the nightmares you could make sure that all the home comforts are available for the affected cat. Try giving the cat a bit more attention before bedtime. plus a little warm milk should settle the cat too.
I believe all cats dream and studies using EEG's back this up.

I've also learned that if you have an uneven number of cats that one may sometimes be bullied by the others. Since you have three cats it is possible that the cat is having nightmares about the bullying. You should consider getting another cat as a companion for her. In the meantime you might want to let her sleep with you. Your heartbeat and body warmth may comfort her and reduce the incidence of night-mares.
one of my cats wakes up crying then comes running to me and sits on my lap for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment