Monday, May 24, 2010

I had my 2 cats for 2 years and now all of a sudden they crapped on the couch. whats the deal?

They are 2 brothers and have been neutered and declawed for about a year and a half. We have our catbox in the attic which they usually use but this morning my boyfriend (who wants to get rid of them) came in and said they crapped on the couch. There is a possibility the attic door was shut but when I ask my boyfriend he wont give me a straight answer. Would there be any other reasons for my cats to all of a sudden be crapping places?
Answers:
well your boyfriend is a liar he just wants you to get rid of the cats. The only other thing is like you said the attic door was closed (i'm assuming this is where the litter box is) and they were not able to get to the box, or if the litter box was too dirty they didn't want to go in it, some cats are picky about that. Did you actually "see" the mess??? I wouldn't believe it, I would just tell you boyfriend that if it happens again, you want to see it you self and that even if they did **** on the couch then there must be something wrong since they haven't done anything like that in the 2 years that you had them! Maybe they don't like your man and they did it to get back at him... :) Whatever it is I'm sure there is a very logical reason. You know I just thought of something else...where were you when this supposively happened??? And in my experience (my bf HATES my cat) if my cat made a mess a man that didn't like it would never clean up the mess he would have left it for me! And to be honest...he would have thrown the cat out no questions asked whether I was there to agree or not!
The fact that your boyfriend wouldn't give you a straight answer should tell you something. Apparently, he is trying to hide something. (And people say cats are sneaky!)

It's possible that if he spends a lot of time on that sofa, and the cats don't like him (typically, it's mutual), that they did that in a demonstration of dominance and dislike.

I have a very well litter-trained older cat, and the only time he (because males do this) ever went poo outside the box is when a new man moved into my house. (Husbands. Been married twice, happened both times).

So emotional stress can play a part. Don't be mad at the kitties, just try to get to the root cause. Might want to try training the boyfriend while you're at it.
yes it might be they r feeling the unwantedness of the bf or something is up in the attic. a lady friend of mine had rabbits that ran free in her house and they would use a litter box unless her bf was at home then they would do their business on his side of the bed only.
I agree that if the boyfriend will not give you a straight answer than chances are that he is either lying so that you gt rid of the cats or he could have very well shut the attic door on them. Cats are not really the type of pets that go with the flow and adjust to new things quickly. They can get stressed when their environment changes and I am sure that they sense that the boyfriend does not like them. These cats were here prior to him and they will most likely be there after him. Your boyfriend needs to understand that they are a part of your life and that he needs to accept them inorder to be a part of your life.
If a cat doesn't have access to the litter box (or if it isn't clean) they will have accidents, so make sure the attic door stays open (or move the box).

However, they may be showing their mutual dislike for your boyfriend. When I was young, we had a male cat and my father was the only one in the family who didn't like animals. More than once, he took a dump on my father's pillow.

Perhaps it's time to find a new bf???
your boyfriend might want to get rid of them so he is saying that it was open i should know i have 10 cats.
They smell your Butt luvin on the couch. Causes them to think that is the place for shiiiiiit ahah hah you and your boy friend need to keep the tools in the bedroom and also get a second litter box for the main floor or keep them up in the attic. If your a chic whats with the man silouette?
I have a couple of things for you to consider on this issue.
First of all, your cats are declawed. Being a shelter volunteer and longtime pet guardian, I am aware of how declawing can increase undesirable behavior in cats.
You can do an online search for "Declawing, litterbox" and find numerous sites on how their behavior may be affected. Many cats who have been declawed exhibit litterbox problems, and even biting (they have no other defense).
Secondly, the fact that your boyfriend does not want you to have these cats anymore is obvious to the cats. If your boyfriend won't give you a straight answer, there is a chance he may be treating them poorly, or is resentful of them because of the attention you give them (I have a friend who's now ex bf kicked her dog because he was jealous of him)! Please consider if this person and you are compatible if he's not supportive of your feline children. Pets are a lifetime commitment- if he can't understand that, you may want to find someone who is. Most pets outlive relationships.
As far as immediate things to do, make sure you use an enzyme cleaner where the kitties have soiled ("Nature's Miracle", Odor Mute, etc.) to prevent resoiling. These kill the odor which is undetectable by you via cleaning, but they can still smell it. Lastly, use TWO litterboxes. One per cat is protocol. Hope this helps!
It may have been puke.The cat may have puked up a hairball.I say get rid of the B/F before you get rid of the cats.
If your boyfriend didn't give you a straight answer, then I wouldn't be surprised if he was accidently left the door closed.

Also, with my experience, I have one cat who on a couple of occasions left her litter box with poop still stuck to her bum(due to cat hair cling or whatever) and unaware she ended up spreading the wealth everywhere she sat.

Cats are pretty anal about being clean and going where they are used to going. I don't think they would have done it on purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment