Friday, May 21, 2010

I bought my cat some cat nip, she doesn't like it, can I make tea for me out of it?

Are there 2 different kinds of catnip; one for humans and one for cats?
Answers:
Cats have to be genetically predisposed to get a catnip buzz. Sounds like your kitty missed out on the genetic catnip jackpot. Just make sure your catnip hasn't been treated. See the following interesting article.
I've never heard of catnip for humans before. But. I guess theres no harm in trying.
Catnip is catnip. Also called cat mint as it's in the mint family. As long as you know that it has not been treated chemically, it should be safe for human consumption.
if i was you, i wouldn't try it. I ate some catnip once, and i was sick for about two weeks. And it doesn't taste very good!!
You could smoke it!
Whatever you do, dont smoke it!! I had a jar of catnip on the coffee table one time, and my old roommate came home and thought it was pot and smoked some, all she got was a headache. It does have relaxing properties for people when made into a tea though.
There's only one type of catnip and you could make a tea out of it. If you want to get your cat interested in it, try tearing up the leaves. This releases the chemcals that really drive cats crazy. If she's still not intrested, might as well make some tea, or give it to someone with a catnip loving cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment