Monday, May 24, 2010

I have 2 cats 1 male 1 female both are fixed. the male howls and bite the female neck is this normal play?


Answers:
I have found out that there is no 'normal' behavior when it comes to cats!

I have a male who is fixed who still goes through the motions, and I have a spayed 'alpha' female calico who will mount a neighbor's female who is in heat, including grabbing her neck!

The only thing you can expect from a cat is the unexpected!
You can take the balls off the cat but you cant... I dont where I am going. But hes probabaly just wanting to still go through the motions.
yes becayse it is the natural phenomena.My cat just bite each other too,you know!
This is very normal it is just a form of playing for them my cats do this all the time
Yes. Dont worry even if they are trying to mate nothing is gonna happen. Nothing to worry about
they maybe fixed but they know what they are supposed to do.which is reproduction..
yes thats normal all cats and dogs play like that they love to play rough its called play fight
oh sure they are adorables
maybe they didn't do such a good job on him...
It might be play, but you may want to train the male not to do that: I doubt the female is enjoying it. I have to watch a somewhat aggressive and rambunctious young male so he doesn't play too rough too.
I would think that it would be normal play, especially if she is doing it back. My parents dog rough houses and growls, but it is only in play. I wouldn't think that you'd have anything to worry about unless he really hurts her.
hmm, this is interesting. as long as there is no blood from the bites, i am to assume it's playful. unless he was getting into a shameful position (mating) then i dunno. but it happens sometimes.
yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment