Monday, May 24, 2010

I can't find the right cat breed!!! HELP!!?

Does anyone know of any cat breeds that don't grow much and weigh less than 10 or 11 lbs? I prefer a cat with medium-length hair. thx!!

P.s. no websites plz, i already tried a billion times. lol
Answers:
Not a particular breeds. INDIVIDUAL cats may just end up small.

I recommend adopting a domestic medium hair that is already full grown and just ended up being small. Get one that is a year old already. Just go to your local rescue and tell them what you are looking for or go on petfinder.
If those are your only requirements, a typical domestic medium hair cat should suit you fine.
I have a Siamese that is very thin. She is only 6 pounds. Or you could try a Munchkin cat. They are small.
I would say a munchkin
Please,
go to your local animal shelter and pick an older cat.
They are there wondering what happened to thier people adn thier home.
Who cares about length of hair ?
In fact, please always have 2 cats. animals need one of thier own species to be with.
good luck
Go to petfinder.com to look at a bunch of adoptable cats and kittens at your local pet shelter.
That's what I did when I needed a furry friend. I adopted a fuzzy medium hair dilute tortie kitten, and now she's a year and a half old.
Hattie is the best cat in the world, and ecen my boyfriend loves her so much I get jealous sometimes. (Buys her toys all the time, feeds her lunchmeat, etc.)
There's always lots of kittens looking for a home even if you don't want to start with an older cat.
I'm so glad I adopted, they make better pets than the inbred "pedigree" ones bred only for show. Those aren't as smart, trust me.
I love my adopted baby-kittie!
Good luck in finding the right one for you! ;)
You just need to get a regular domestic tabby. Their average weight is 9-10 lbs, and just choose one with the fur length you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment