Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to tell if my kitten is pregnant?

My 7 month old kitten has been getting out of the house lately. She met a boy cat next door while she was in "heat". I'm not sure if the cat next door is neutered. I called the house and left a message but they never called back. So, theres no way for me to know. My cat has been getting heavier and I think she may be pregnet. But, Im not sure what to do. Should I take her to a vet and get her examined? Will that cost a lot, since Im not the richest person. Or, do I wait and see? Help
Answers:
a vet. we can't tell either as we have never seen your cat before.
Yes, you obviously should take her to see a veterinarian because there is no way for us to tell if she's pregnant, either.

But, yes, that will cost money. The amount depends on what they do.
Your cat should have been fixed 3 months ago. She could very well be pregnant. Best bet is to schedule a spay (SOON). The vet will tell you if she's pregnant and whether or not she's too far along to spay.

If money is an issue, call your local shelter(s). Most offer low-cost or even free spays.
Getting her spayed would have cost you less than raising a bunch of kittens. You can still get her spayed now even if pregnant. Consult your veterinarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment