Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to stop neighbours cat from urinating on my front door?

I have 2 spayed female cats who never go outside. I've noticed the very strong odour of cat urine at my front door and today noticed it on the outside of the front door in 2 different spots. I don't know whose cat is doing it so can't confront the owner. I cleaned it off but can still see the streaks on the door. Male cat urine is just a disgusting foul odour. Is there something I can use that will keep him away?
Answers:
There are commercial products to repel cats. Look at www.drsfosterandsmith.com (i think that's right). Also, you'll need to find an enzyme spray to actually 'eat away' the biological product (the urine).

He's just claiming his territory and knows you have two cats inside, spayed or not, he knows that they're there. Borrow a humane trap from your local humane society and trap him, then he'll be taken off the streets and away from his mindless owner.
Get some moth balls---and scatter them where the cats are "going".
heh heh heh i heard putting some ground up acetamincin not aspirin on some cat food fish food works. dont know for sure i havent tried it
Try this I hope it works. Sounds like a nasty problem to have.

http://www.multivet.net/en/products/sssc...
Get a car battery and a peice of wire mesh, put wire mesh in front of screen door so it is not touching anything exept the wires to the battery. I bet that cat will pee on your door only one more time..
put lemon juice on the spot where the cat is urinating at and it should make him stop..
A dog would probably keep him away.
Okay set up some elaborate trap
After killing said kitten, tell your neighbour that curiousity does indeed kill cats
Orange peels are a cheap and Eco-friendly way of keeping cats from peeing where you don't want them to go. This is gross but my Dads cats used to pee on the bed and orange peels prevented them form doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment