Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to look after a week old kitten?

I found one two days ago, I'm taking care of it and it seems to be ok so far, but I am worried that I'll do something wrong.. I found quite a lot of information about looking after little kittens on the internet, but I would appreciate your advice - what to do and what to avoid. Thanks in advance...
Answers:
Bottle feed her for several weeks - you can buy kitty formula. You have to feed her several times a day, and they don't eat much. Leave small bowls of water around where she can easily get it. Make sure you change it each day and keep it clean.

Give her a box or something to sleep in that you line with lots of towels, sheets, blankets so she can curl up and snuggle in and get warm. I raised one who was about 2 1/2 weeks and we had to bottle feed her for a good 4 weeks. When it comes time to wean her off the bottle, start with wet food, not dry. Hold her a lot. After their eyes open, they start wanting to play. Mine really liked chasing things on the floor. Of course, they tire quickly and don't play long!

Good luck!
Cool
I guess you are feeding it kitten formula. I would just make sure that you keep her warm, and massage her gently to replace the absence of the mother who would be always licking the kitten. You're a good person. Good luck with her.
Rescues are loaded with momma cats. FInd one to take it and let a momma cat nurse it.
Bottle feed her, No food until around 5 weeks :]

No comments:

Post a Comment