Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to drive the fear away from my cat?

My Mom used to hit Tubby when she would s-h-i-t at the wrong place like under the table. Now Tubby knows where to do it and Mom doesn't hit her anymore but Tubby is still damn scared of my Mom and whenever she's around, Tubby refuses to sit with me. Otherwise she'll purr and snort and claw and rub against me. We've already tried bribing her but it won't work. What to do to get rid of her fear of my Mom??
Answers:
Your mother should of never laid a hand on that cat. Cats do not learn anything by hitting them, they just think the person is a big bully and what your mother did was abuse a small defenseless animal. Now having said that, you can't help what your mother did, but if it were my cat there is no way she would ever hit it again. If you must discipline your cat use a water bottle. Cats hardly ever forget something like abuse or being scared of something. My momma cat had kittens and I kept one and gave two to my uncle and two to my cousin. My uncle then moved to a place that had neighbourhood dogs. A dog killed one of the cats and I brought the other one back home to live with me and my other two cats. The cat that I brought home is still scared to death of everything, after awhile it got a little better but when it hears a noise it gets scared and it wants to be around people all the time.
Once a cat has been abused like that, it may never be the same. Only thing I can think of is time, lots and lots of time. Maybe, when you are grown up and have your own house.
you probably wont be able to unless your mom makes it up to her with either attention or sweet words. cats have long memories and remember ppl who are mean to them. your mom should never hit your cat. there are many other methods like a water bottle or just saying no. honestly i doubt that your cat will every completely get over. animals who have been mistreated are always wary. i would also ask your vet.
your mom should have never hit her that's animal abuse.. well there is no way to get rid of his fear because animals kinda remember everything and especially know who can hurt them
Usually cats have very short memories, but for abuse, they have very long memories. It's called self-preservation. Your mom is reaping what she sowed.
treat the cat as if where your own baby. feed it when necessary. encourage them whenever she does right. try not to raise your voice in a high tone cats become very uncomfortable believe it or not. Buy her toys such as warn and so. This is not much of a bribe is more of a way to show you have love and compassion for which cats need to continue in their daily lives. Just like us human beings. Maybe a way to keep the cat comfortable around the mother is DO NOT ABUSE cats absolutely hate that. Cats do not need this type of discipline something you can do to resolve this is scold them when they do wrong. Which cats ACTUALLY react to and reward them when they do right.

No comments:

Post a Comment