Thursday, May 7, 2009

How do you keep a cat under control?

My cat is in pain because my sister closed the door on its tail and it fell off. He got 3/4 of his tail amputated and has one of those lampshade looking things on. He got his bandages removed a day after the surgery and is now trying to chew his tail. What can I do to control him?
Answers:
Bach's Rescue Remedy - which the first poster suggested - is available at GNC. I've actually never used it for my cat, although I've heard it works well - I use it for my own anxiety! My cat is also a tail-amputee, but it happened before I get her. I suggest keeping the cone on him, using the Rescue Remedy, and giving him lots of TLC. Good luck!
You can put the cone collar back on until he's healed enough so it doesn't itch or hurt (so he won't be tempted to chew on his tail stub). There's this flower essence called Remedy Rescue that is supposed to calm cats and it might help--it's hemopathic and safe for cats. You might be able to rub some of that bitter apple stuff on his scab--some cats find it distasteful (but some actually like the taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment